Sunday, March 25, 2012

This week I read the second Hunger Games book (catching fire) and I like the first book a lot more. The way that the book just kind of drops off at the end was kind of depressing. I love the way that Collins writes and keeps the action going either through the games or through the little bit of romance between Katniss and Peeta. The way that KAtniss can sort of read Haymitchs mind is interesting. I haven't seen the movie yet but I really hope it wasn't turned into a romance, I like the complexity of life in this futuristic view. The way that the different districts are reacting to everything that the tributes from district 12 are doing to defy the capitol infering to times that the government has been attempted to be overthrown before in other countries. To me I feel like the hunger games books are a way of the past and te future. I overall love these books and would recommend reading them before seeing the movie. I just started Mockingjay yesterday as well but im only about 30 pages into it so far. It picks up quickly from where the second book left off and I can't wait to read some more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment