Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Missing Girls

Last weekend I went to Barnes and Nobles and spent quite a bit of time trying to find the next book I wanted to read. My mom likes to read a lot of the same kind of books I like so I usually just borrow hers but I've read them all already. I started looking in the teen fiction section but quickly moved over to the more crime related books that my mom showed me. I probably sat there for forty-five minutes trying to decide which book to get. I finally chose my book, The Missing Girls, I wasn't sure if I would like it or not because the back of the book seemed like it told you a lot about the end of the book and where the two missing girls were found. It's a true story though and that is my favorite kind of book.

The Missing Girls is a story of how one girl has gone missing, the majority of people think she has probably just run away since she didn't have a very good life at home. There were social workers and police constantly there checking on the welfare of the girl. Through some tricky family realtions there is a private investegator in the family through marriage and she too begins looking for the missing girl when one day she randomly receives a phone call from a strange person saying her husband has visions and may be able to help find the missing girl. So far I've really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes mysteries or true crime books!

1 comment: