Thursday, February 23, 2012

Along for the Ride Part 2

This week I finished Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen, I actually had only read to around page 160 and finished it Monday night. I really liked the book because I feel like I could relate to it very easily. Auden never knew how to ride a bike before her new friend at her dads taught her the summer before she was going to college. Even though I know how to ride a bike I go to my dad’s house a lot of summers and always learn something new and meet new people that I hangout with for the summer. Auden becomes a whole different person during the summer she spends at her father’s house. The different environments and different expectations from her mother’s house to her father’s house help her complete her journey to becoming more of a normal teenager.

Auden, at her mother’s house, had been strictly focused on academics but once she arrived at her dad’s house she met a boy named Eli. Eli showed Auden the world in a whole new way that she had never seen in real life before, yes she had seen the love and party life on television but never experienced it. When Auden and Eli started meeting up every night and staying out into the early morning hours they became best friends almost. Before Auden, Eli had not been talking to anyone since his best friend Abe died in a car accident the year before. Auden and Eli were able to connect in a healthy, beneficial way even though just did the simple things like hanging out at a laundry mat each night. Through the relationship Auden and Eli had the new Auden was brought out which was emphasized throughout the entire novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment